Sunday, August 15, 2010

Art: A Little Tribute to Ron Mueck

I am an artist myself. And as an artist, I know what's remarkable, what's not, and what's ordinary. I am an artist and I have talents. I can sing, I can dance, I can draw, I can act. I've been in so many groups just to show off my talents.  I've joined contests and won. I've spent money to buy new paints, colors, and materials. As an artist, I do things that I know will ease my negative feelings. When I'm mad, I draw or paint. When I'm sad, I sing a love song. And when I'm jolly, I dance. I've been a part of a theater group when I was still studying. I already starred in one of our play, Why Women Wash the Dishes?. Being an artist is a lot of fun, emotions and experience. And for Ron Mueck, I know he already has a lot of tributes received from outstanding people but I want to give him a little appreciation for his art. He is a sculptor. His work is very stunning and awesome. I want to share all his masterpiece to everyone who doesn't know him. I want to tell him that he, himself, is already an art. An art that was shared throughout the world. And he is a big inspiration to those artists who have the same talent but not yet recognized.

These are some of his artwork that people should see and appreciate. You might get confused and puzzled. But this is not real. They are not real people. Ron Mueck gave his artwork a life. From tiny pieces to big ones, from latex to fiber glass, this artist is spectacularly amazing!

A man's face

 
Two old women
Lady in bed
Boy crouching
A naked fat man
A mother and her son
A giant baby
Tiny couple

"The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at the best, know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

2 comments:

palcem po gównie said...

Very good. Ron Mueck is a man. Or a boy. Or a newborn... Anyways... Very good.

palcem po gównie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.